Sega rally championship twin driving....player 1 frozen.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega rally championship twin driving....player 1 frozen.

Post by OldFoo »

Hope you can help, I?m in Sydney Australia.

I have a Sega Rally Championship 1995 twin driving machine. The player one machine does not operate.

The monitor comes on with the Sega logo, then nothing. Player two operates ok.

It started with Player 1 freezing part way through the game, leaving player 2 to finish the race.

I cannot seem to find any local repairers to help me with it. Some guy said sounds like the power supply, but couldn?t look at the machine.

Have you any ideas.
OldFoo

Re: Sega rally championship twin driving....player 1 frozen.

Post by OldFoo »

Tup1961 wrote:Hope you can help, I?m in Sydney Australia.

I have a Sega Rally Championship 1995 twin driving machine. The player one machine does not operate.

The monitor comes on with the Sega logo, then nothing. Player two operates ok.

It started with Player 1 freezing part way through the game, leaving player 2 to finish the race.

I cannot seem to find any local repairers to help me with it. Some guy said sounds like the power supply, but couldn?t look at the machine.

Have you any ideas.

Have you checked the fans in the cage are operating correctly?

This could be an overheating issue
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It will not overheat that fast.. a failed fan isn't much of a concern for casual use with these.

Check voltages first and make sure they're correct. I've had these sorts of problems with drifting voltages fairly often. The supplies have +5 adjustment pots on the side.

If that doesn't clear it up you can try reseating the boards, but it's likely solder joint issues that will need attention, in which case you can you can send the boards to Ken (irepairsega.com) for a reflow/repair.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i have one board for sale if you are interested.