Sega Super GT Feedback Off Balance

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega Super GT Feedback Off Balance

Post by OldFoo »

I have a Sega Super GT twin cab. When I received it, the force feedback in the left cab was not functioning. After some part swapping and a new power cord, both sides have force feedback functioning.

However, the right cab has stronger resistance turning right than turning left. This causes the wheel to move sharply to the left at the beginning of any race, and makes the game near impossible to play.

There are no Drive Board Errors, and the Drive Board Tests are clean -- the wheel registers all movement correctly. I've used the test to confirm the resistance difference between roll left and roll right.

The Drive Control Board has dip switches 3 and 4 flipped on for both cabs. I'm planning to fiddle with those next, although the manual I have isn't clear on the proper setting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thx,

Dave
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

It sounds like a wrong eprom on the drive board to me.

Did you swap the original drive board with one from another M3 driver than sega GT without swapping the eprom ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Please provide us the number of the Eprom on your drive board to confirm it's the correct version for Scud Race / Super GT
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thx for the help -- I think you guys are right!

working side, has EPR-19338A

non-working side has EPR-20512

so, it looks like I'm looking for another EPR-19338A to get this working.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yep, thats the problem.

EPR-20512 is from Sega Rally 2.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Gilles54 wrote:Yep, thats the problem.

EPR-20512 is from Sega Rally 2.

confirmed, that is your problem 100%