Help! Virtua Fighter: Final Tuned not booting.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Help! Virtua Fighter: Final Tuned not booting.

Post by OldFoo »

Some assistance please...

I have a naomi2 mobo + netdimm + GD-rom setup. Usually the naomi first splash screen is scrambled and after the game has been loaded either by GD-rom or netbooting the splash screen that follows that is normal.

Seems like all the games I tried has been ok, except for VF4, which retained the scrambled screen and boots to a black screen with no sound or picture. I have tried both netboot and gd-rom (with its security chip) version and both have given the black screen.

I have recently updated my netdimm to 4.02 firmware as well to rule out the possiblty of a corrupt 3.17 firmware, but the problem persist.

Thanks for your advice in advance and I hope to play some vf4 soon...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Most intermittent graphics issues are caused by not enough power from the PSU. Games that use 3D graphics tend to use more power because of all the heavy CPU processing involved. While the system is running and connected, adjust the power output while monitoring the increase with a multi-meter. Adjust the values so that they read close to 12.1v, 5.1v, 3.3v. You most likely will not be able to get all of these values exactly so just get them as close as you can.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for that, now, where to measure the voltage and how to adjust the voltage?

edit: Found a answer thanks to a member at AO... http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtop ... 3416#23416
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

rugdoctor wrote:Thanks for that, now, where to measure the voltage and how to adjust the voltage?

edit: Found a answer thanks to a member at AO... http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtop ... 3416#23416

Glad you found my post :-) :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, thanks for the super easy to follow guide! Well written guide for naomi noobs like me. Had some questions about the +12V but at the end of the day, by altering the +5 dial on the naomi psu is the only one of concern...the 12V will change accordingly. :D