Screen starts off white and squiggly sometimes frezzes

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Screen starts off white and squiggly sometimes frezzes

Post by OldFoo »

"When I turn the system on, it has a squiggly white screen pop up for a second and go away, then it boots up normally. Then every once in a while....it freezes. Any ideas?"

Some one on Neo-Geo.com said that maybe the +5 needed turning up but it started in a really old thread here. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... in-a-while...

I just tested my lines and got + 5.04v and + 12.23v coming out of a Capcom i/o in a Neo Geo cab, could that have still cased the problem? I still need to check the 3.3v. It was a Giga Wing 2 cart, I had Dead or Alive 2 in for almost 2 months with no problem. I don't have the screws to bolt the game down though. It is a pain to get the carts to seat right, could it just not be a good cart connection, is that normal.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It is possible. The Naomi fans do cause vibration which can interrupt the game contacts. Have you performed a cart test to make sure there are no bad roms? Have you put in your previous game to see if there are issues with it? I would also suggest that you actually lower the power so the 12v reads more like between 12.1v & 12.2v. Power that is too high can cause as many problems as power too low. Carts that have 2D games use less power than 3D games, so power needs to be checked at times when changing carts.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I wound up talking with Ken from advance repairs and I think we decided that it was bad buffer chips on the cart. I sent the cart to him to get checked out. He may get to it this weekend and then I'll let ya guys know.