GD rom cable help. (at my wits end)

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

GD rom cable help. (at my wits end)

Post by OldFoo »

I am at my witts end trying to get my GD rom set up powered haha I have a strong feeling its going to be a simple fix. However i want to see if someone here can tell me what cable Im missing or is i can rig something up.

the same wire just opposite sides

i got these all with a sun PSU it also had something connected to the black and white part as well but the wires that were connected to it were cut so i dont know what the end looks like.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The weird thing about this is that the Sega I/O and GD power cables have the same connector, but are wired differently. If you switch them, then the I/O and/or the GD will blow a circuit. Of course, this means that they don't seem to work no matter how you connect them--because they are dead. Did you connect and power them at any time?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

im not using the sega io, I have a cyberlead so im using JVS.

but yeah I have power my cab on with both things plugged in but I dont think theres any power going to the gd rom. i thought i had the right connection but i was wrong. im still trying to track it down. from someone who has it as well as the last few things ill need to get my IC readers powered