Error 22 on Triforce Type1 export

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Error 22 on Triforce Type1 export

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all I have just got a naomi cf card reader and net dimm 4.01. The reason I purchased this was actually for the dimm the cf reader was just a bonus.... This then brings me to the problem.

The dimm works fine in my Naomi but when I placed it in the triforce I get error 22. So I took the dimm apart made sure it was seated right but still nothing.

I did a memory test when the net dimm was in the Naomi and both dimms registered as fine.

When in the triforce I can't access the the work tab as it says communication error I also get the same message from the system tab. The triforce shows its version but the net dimm shows communicatin error.

Is there a setting on the dimm that has been changed to work with the cf card reader? Ie set to NetBoot or is this triforce jumper error?

My old dimm version 1.03 I think registered on the system tab on the triforce but had the same error 22, I put this down to the wrong version.

Anyway I hope you guys can help as I'm stuck.

John

Ps I have just edited the spelling...... Bloody iPad predictive text.
OldFoo

Re: Error 22 on Triforce Type1 export

Post by OldFoo »

Morrigu99 wrote:Hi all I have just got a naomi cf card reader and net dimm 4.01. The reason I purchased this was actually for the dimm the cf reader was just a bonus.... This then brings me to the problem.

The dimm works fine in my Naomi but when I placed it in the triforce I get error 22. So I took the dimm apart made sure it was seated right but still nothing.

I did a memory test when the net dimm was in the Naomi and both dimms registered as fine.

When in the triforce I can't access the the work tab as it says communication error I also get the same message from the system tab. The triforce shows its version but the net dimm shows communicatin error.

Is there a setting on the dimm that has been changed to work with the cf card reader? Ie set to NetBoot or is this triforce jumper error?

My old dimm version 1.03 I think registered on the system tab on the triforce but had the same error 22, I put this down to the wrong version.

Anyway I hope you guys can help as I'm stuck.

John

Ps I have just edited the spelling...... Bloody iPad predictive text.

Try removing the 4 screws that hold the top plate on, remove the plate and then firmly attach the dimm. It could be this plate isn't letting the dimm properyl connect.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Genius thank you very much I would have never thought of that. Works perfectly now.

Just a bit miffed as just brought 512mb of Sdram thinking it was a memory issue.

Oh well....

Many thanks

John
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Morrigu99 wrote:Genius thank you very much I would have never thought of that. Works perfectly now.

Just a bit miffed as just brought 512mb of Sdram thinking it was a memory issue.

Oh well....

Many thanks

John

You might wanna get a hammer. No seriously, make sure the top plate is perfectly straight, otherwise the Dimm can't reahc the pins below. That of the main board holder is bent