Problem with Sega JVS I / O Board

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Problem with Sega JVS I / O Board

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, this is my first post at this great forum.

Writing to discuss my problem JVS I / O board for my Sega Naomi. The player 1 I get the left joystick direction marked in the beginning was the 4 button, after cleaning the same thing happens now with the joystick.

So does having disconnected controls.

A to be the problem? He broke the JVS board? or the problem is elsewhere?

I appreciate your help friends.

I put photos of JVS and Game test where you see the problem.

Reversing the position of the connectors can damage the board, I mean better. If the top with white and yellow wire next place it is damaged? Same with the bottom. Not if you connect it all wrong and stopped working. The correct position which is, up, left or right? Down, left or right

Thank you.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Looks like you got one or more burnt out inputs, it will be a faulty JVS board, it's quite common - normally happens on the lamp outputs, but a short can damage the I/O like your experiencing.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Looks like you got one or more burnt out inputs, it will be a faulty JVS board, it's quite common - normally happens on the lamp outputs, but a short can damage the I/O like your experiencing.

Hi Andy, please can you tell me which input is burned? I have this JVS board too but it gives me another input problems with the joystick. See any problem?

Last month I buy some parts for my machine. Very grateful to all first quality.

Thanks...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

some friends here have the same problem, UP direction is ON like your problem.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Also the 12v input should have been on CN1, not CN2
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I had the same problem (exact the same problem).

Stop looking, change the JVS I/O board, that is the culprit (and don't get unlucky like me and swap it with a JVS i/o board, which also has a problem, but get a working one :p)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Looks like you got one or more burnt out inputs, it will be a faulty JVS board, it's quite common - normally happens on the lamp outputs, but a short can damage the I/O like your experiencing.

+1 ;)