Anyone good with small ic soldering?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Anyone good with small ic soldering?

Post by OldFoo »

I have a task for someone who can solder IC parts like RAM chips onto motherboards. While it's not arcade related, I'm wondering if someone who's experienced in this type of stuff could upgrade my MS Xbox board with extra chips. It already has the solder tabs on it (it's a v1.4) and I have a dead motherboard which has the same type of RAM which is sitting with nothing to do.

All I'd ask is if I sent both motherboards, if they could take the chips off of the dead one and solder them onto the working one. I don't mind fees and I'll pay shipping both ways of course.

I'd be really gratefull as my first attempt at small ic soldering made me remove the traces and I'd rather not risk that again. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm able to sold that kind of stuff , but give me a picture :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On the top side of the Xbox mobo with the label, I'd ask for the chips which are in red to be moved to the places highlighted in blue. On the otherside of the board there are more chips (marked by brown on the top side of the dead board) to the underside of the working board (places marked by yellow mean the same place, but underneath the motherboard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi3Bi2i2bEg <- this link is the process I found if it helps.

I hope this helps