sega naomi error 03

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

sega naomi error 03

Post by OldFoo »

hi, i have a naomi with th error 03, searching on the web i found the problem is that the system can't read the serial number, i thought that this number is in the 8 pin eeprom, is an altera epc1064, someone know what happened with this chip?, it's bad?, where can i found the software of this chip to burn a new one?, there is a substitue?, thanks.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if you know how to dump the chip and give me direction ill dump it for you

i have naomi1

edit//

ic31?

its socketed... even better.

just show me what i need to do to create a simple reader. ill dump it for you
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Don't know if you came across this one, but if not:

http://sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ight=error
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thanks, for the quick answer, Cageman: yes i read those post but it isn't helpfull, the ram is ok and i don't want to throw the board, i'm missing something in that post?.

werejag: if you have a naomi 1 then you have those ic, yes it's socketed, it has 8 pin, is ic31, have a label 315-6188, under the label is a altera epc1064, if you can dump it and have the bin or something let me know, thanks a lot, alex.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok find me a cheap way to dump it (few parts, cheaply)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i don't know how we can dump it, i will see the datasheet, nobody knows the bin file?, how mame works with naomi? i know that works so some file is this chip but which file?, thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

315-6188.IC31 - Altera EPC1064 (DIP8)

in mame.c refenced
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well, searching i found that the big altera epf5482 that manage ports and peripherals need the ic31 to work, the data that configures the ic is in this serial eeprom, there are substitutes of the epc1064 but i don't know the data inside of this, when i pull of the eeprom the naomi has the same error 03, because i thought that the ic is not working, the cpu knows that and show board malfunctioning, of course because i pull of the data that configures the ic so something is wrong, or some trace is bad or the ic is bad or the eeprom is bad, i check the traces from the eeprom to the big altera and all have continuity
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

when i'm talking of ic, i'm refering to the big altera flex chip ic30