Sega model 3 question

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega model 3 question

Post by OldFoo »

hi, i bought a sega model 3 motherboard with virtua striker 2 99 rom board. I am using a jamma converter and i have a few issues. Everything powers up properly , all the buttons work however when it is time to play the game you can only see the clouds and score board it is really weird. I am not sure if its the rom board or video board which are at fault, does anyone have any ideas ?
OldFoo

Re: Sega model 3 question

Post by OldFoo »

emir69 wrote:Hi, I bought a sega model 3 motherboard with virtua striker 2 99 rom board. I am using a jamma converter and I have a few issues. Everything powers up properly , all the buttons work however when it is time to play the game you can only see the clouds and score board it is really weird. I am not sure if its the rom board or video board which are at fault, does anyone have any ideas ?

Try accessing the service menu and check the hardware and ROMS. Delete the system configuration and reconfigure it. Failing that, do a manual inspection on the board for any gurnt out/eaten traces, dead caps or blown ICs.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Could also be a lack of power as that does cause graphical glitches and even the self test to say there's an error even when there isn't one, cross your fingers as its the easiest solution.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This sounds like your video board is defective, which is quite common for Model 3 boards unfortunately.

This results in only 2d images being shown, and all 3d images not showing or showing as weird artifacts.

Very common problem with Model 3 systems.

Best bet is to source a model 3 video board, as these are near impossible to repair.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

that makes sense thanks mate, will try to find a new video board

cheers !