Power Stone 2 pinouts?? -- cannot find a manual online

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Power Stone 2 pinouts?? -- cannot find a manual online

Post by OldFoo »

Hi everyone. I just bought a Power Stone 2 set-up. I'm excited about using it and want to install it in my four player cab. However, I'm having a difficult time finding the pinouts for players 3 and 4.

After lots of research on the subject, I am assuming that the player 3 and 4 outputs come out of the kick harness. I am also assuming that they run somewhere in the neighborhood of 07 through 29 on the odd side for player 3 and 08 through 28 on the even side for player 4 -- something like that?

Does anyone have the exact pinouts? Or, better yet, an actual manual the could either post on the forum or e-mail me?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I didn't think PS2 on Naomi supported 4 players..

I could be wrong but thought it was only the dreamcast version that did ?

Setch
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, Power Stone 2 is four players, Power Stone 1 is 2 players. I think the kit I bought comes with a kick harness, just need some direction on how to wire 3rd and 4th player.

Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It can be done. There is a switch on the capcom IO labeled 2p/4p or similar, then http://www.solvalou.com/arcade_naomicapcom.php has correct Pin numbers. The numbers in the list ARE right, however how he labelled them in the picture itself is wrong/backwards. Just use the pin numbers off the kick harness itself, one row is even number one row is odd.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This game is originally developed for the Capcom I/O, which has the 2p/4p option mentioned above. The Jamma I/O will only work for 2p and I'm not sure if the standard Sega I/O can do this or not.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Judging by how the OP mentioned the Kick Harness, I'm pretty sure he has the Capcom I/O. You are right, only way to get 4 players on powerstone 2 is with the Capcom I/O.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for all the responses. :)

Okay. I figured out the pinouts. It was kind of what I thought it was more or less.

However, I'd still like to find a manual for this game on-line. I've gone to www.crazykong.com and they have just about every other manual there, but this one.

Does anyone have one they could scan in and post?