Side Bars/Panels

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Side Bars/Panels

Post by OldFoo »

Hi there. Have recently acquired a Crazy Taxi stand up cab which has been converted to mame. Have a problem that I can't get the cab to fit through an interior door in my house. The cab is literally a cm to wide to fit through. am trying to remove the grey side panels but am having some probs. I have removed the stopper at the top and taken out all the torx security screws but I still can't get the side panel to move it is pretty much stuck in place! Does any one have any advice or a idiot's guide to removing this panel. Also am I supposed to be able to just remove this panel or do i have to remove other parts like the screen surrounds first?

Thanks guys!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah remove the plastics also it will help removing the sides
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I had the same problem as you-got my naomi through the front door and then got stuck after that.

I took the hoofs off the top and bottom of the legs and found that the leg covers wouldn't come off.Mine were just on really tight and with a lot of tugging they eventually came off.

Hope this helps,if you still need help.
OldFoo

Thanks for the advice

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks managed to get it through eventually. It ended up simpler to knock the sides of my kitchen door off and then fit through no problem lol :)

BTW does it sound like I got a good deal or not for this cab. It's a Crazy Taxi upright but with the steering wheel removed and replaced with two joysticks each with five buttons. Still has original monitor but has a PC inside powering mame. Paid ?450 for it (about $700)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Post a pic so we can see?

Sounds like an awfull deal from what you tell now. All the hardware making a CT cab wanted and expensive looks to be missing.

Though it doesnt matter if its a good deal or not, if the cab makes you happy and satisfies your needs, then its always a good enough deal :)