Hooking up an Initial D card reader [painfully stupid Qs]

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jiggymf wrote:You can try to send Mo from Videotronicsuk.com a mail, he tends to have cardreader wiring spare regularly from parting out cabinets
Thanks! I got my card reader wiring from Mo; I sent a message back to him to ask if he had the middle cable that I need.

Worst comes to worst, hopefully I can figure out how to hack the wiring together to make it work...

By the way, Arno, send me your address in a PM if you still want some ID3 cards.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So, can anyone tell me which wires I need to connect between the psu/motherboard wiring, and the card reader?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the card reader psu with pink and blue wires goes to the cabs psu which should also have pink and blue wires.

what i did was snip the wires from the cab psu and used quick disconnects to join the wires together just to make it a bit neater.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

donkeykong wrote:the card reader psu with pink and blue wires goes to the cabs psu which should also have pink and blue wires.

what I did was snip the wires from the cab psu and used quick disconnects to join the wires together just to make it a bit neater.

Thanks, I got that much. Just need ti figure out how to circumvent the fact that I'm missing the middle wiring harness between the card reader and psu
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Still really need help on this part of things.... Anyone? Please?

MmSadda wrote:From this picture, I'm missing the cable with the yellow molex connectors that goes between the PSU wiring harness and card reader wiring harness.

I'm trying to get that wiring from the guy who sold me what was supposed to be complete wiring between the readers and PSUs... in case I can't, I may need to figure out what wire does what so I can re-wire stuff myself.

On the PSU, I've got the following color wires:

Red/yellow/white power wiring

and the following going to molex for CN8 on mobo

Blue

red

green

yellow

white

On the card reader, I've got:

red/yellow/white power wiring

white/black stripe

brown

red/black stripe

green

black

I'm not sure which wires mate up with which, other than the red/yellow/white power wiring. Anyone happen to track down which wires mate up to which?

Thanks

Collin
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Seriously, whose cock do I have to suck dry to get an answer on that wiring harness? :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm not sure any amount of cock sucking is going to help. I've never seen an iD card reader with that style connector so can't help much more other than to point you towards the wiring diagram..

Maybe this will help?

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Initi ... inWire.pdf

Did you not have any luck getting hold of the seller about the original connecting loom?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun2 wrote:I'm not sure any amount of cock sucking is going to help. I've never seen an iD card reader with that style connector so can't help much more other than to point you towards the wiring diagram..

Maybe this will help?

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Initi ... inWire.pdf

Did you not have any luck getting hold of the seller about the original connecting loom?
Thank you! I found this diagram extraordinarily helpful!

I think my issue is that I'm trying to use a power supply out of a UK cab with a card reader out of a US cab... Assuming the power the card readers use is the same, tho ugh, I should be able to get this sorted out using the diagram you provided.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Glad the wiring diagram helped. I would have thought the UK/US PSU is the same, just the cabling/connectors are different at the card reader end. The only difference may be that the US card reader appears to have an LED lamp or something on the front plate that isn't on the card reader I have (UK single version).

I would order some AMP UP connectors (Craig at Giz10p is good) and match up the cables to make an interconnecting loom.

Good luck :)