Led Lights??

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Led Lights??

Post by OldFoo »

Hello all and merry Christmas! :) i got some fancy speakers for my Naomi universal cab and they have illuminated covers which we light up the speakers so you can see them through the grills hopefully. My problem is I'm not sure how to power them still somewhat of a noob. on the PCB behind the monitor controls there is a usb port could that be used by splicing a usb light power cable?? any thoughts on this or another way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris AKA Moorker :)
OldFoo

Re: Led Lights??

Post by OldFoo »

moorker wrote:Hello all and merry Christmas! :) I got some fancy speakers for my Naomi universal cab and they have illuminated covers which we light up the speakers so you can see them through the grills hopefully. My problem is I'm not sure how to power them still somewhat of a noob. on the PCB behind the monitor controls there is a usb port could that be used by splicing a usb light power cable?? any thoughts on this or another way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris AKA Moorker :)

I would first try powering them with a C2032 3.3v battery first. If they're bright, then connecting to the USB port willmost likely fry them. If it's very dim or not turned on, either you have the + and - mixed up or they're 5v.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thanks for getting back so fast just tried with a battery no joy so would that mean i@m good to go with a usb?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moorker wrote:thanks for getting back so fast just tried with a battery no joy so would that mean I@m good to go with a usb?

I'd try using a resistor than just connecting it straight up, but it may they are 5v LEDs and thus woulld work fine..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If they're bright, then connecting to the USB port willmost likely fry them.

-----------------

LED Tube

led strip lighting

flexible led strip lighting
OldFoo

Re: Led Lights??

Post by OldFoo »

moorker wrote:Hello all and merry Christmas! :) I got some fancy speakers for my Naomi universal cab and they have illuminated covers which we light up the speakers so you can see them through the grills hopefully. My problem is I'm not sure how to power them still somewhat of a noob. on the PCB behind the monitor controls there is a usb port could that be used by splicing a usb light power cable?? any thoughts on this or another way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris AKA Moorker click here

I will surely make use of bright color led lights.