Naomi 2 GD-Rom 3-step vs 1-step loading process?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Naomi 2 GD-Rom 3-step vs 1-step loading process?

Post by OldFoo »

Hey guys, thanks to a few awesome members here, I now have two Crazy Taxi upright cabs running two-player Initial D v 3! However, one cab goes through a single phase of checking the gd rom or memory and takes about a minute to load, while other takes abouta five minutes and goes through three stages of checks. Is this because of a dead battery on one dimm or motherboard? Or a question of changing dips or jumpers?

Thanks,

Collin
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

My guess is on a dead battery in one of the dimms
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

skate323k137 wrote:My guess is on a dead battery in one of the dimms

Yes it's a dead battery pack.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Probably a dead battery and they take forever to re-charge I think. The cab has to be on for 6 hours or something - ok for an arcade situation but not great for us home guys :smt015

I keep meaning to get some replacements actually..

edit: ah Geezer got there just before me.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun2 wrote:Probably a dead battery and they take forever to re-charge I think. The cab has to be on for 6 hours or something - ok for an arcade situation but not great for us home guys :smt015

I keep meaning to get some replacements actually..

edit: ah Geezer got there just before me.

I'm quick, or so the wife says.. :smt018 :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks, guys! So is recharging the battery pack a simple matter of leaving the cab on for six hours once in a while? I have parties here on a regular basis where the cabs stay on for 8 straight hours :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

We need pics Collin!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:We need pics Collin!
I just snapped one quickly within the first 5 minutes I had the setup running; still need to get the newer cab put back together properly

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MmSadda wrote:
Orrimarrko wrote:We need pics Collin!
I just snapped one quickly within the first 5 minutes I had the setup running; still need to get the newer cab put back together properly

Awesome!

I've been trying to get one of those with the topper and floorboard panel for almost two years now (with no luck.)

I'd love to know how you came by them!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:
Awesome!

I've been trying to get one of those with the topper and floorboard panel for almost two years now (with no luck.)

I'd love to know how you came by them!
Thanks! I may post some more pics in general later tonight if I get a chance.

Both of these have the marquee and proper floorboard; neither has the cardboard topper, but as you could see, that would make it too tall for my basement anyhow.

The cab on the left came from a guy here locally, and was an absolute steal. I actually almost didn't buy it because putting together and taking apart my old Universal was such a pain in the ass, I swore up and down I was done with Naomi Universal cabs. It's the nicer of the two - almost in mint condition, other than some slight burn-in on the monitor.

The one on the right came from a guy in Peoria, Il. I found it on eBay, and basically drove 12 hours round trip a couple Saturdays ago to get it with a buddy of mine. The guy I bought it form had to have the floorboard shipped from CA. It was less of a steal, and it's a bit less clean (unfortunately a bit of that is my fault - the side graphics took one scratch in transportation) But overall, it's still a very nice cab.

Now if only I could find one of the Universal-based House of the Dead 2 cabs...... :smt007