wavy interference lines in Initial D V3 cab

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

wavy interference lines in Initial D V3 cab

Post by OldFoo »

I'm getting some oscillating wavy lines in my Initial D V3 cab on the Naomi boot screen. I made a video of the phenomenon:

http://vimeo.com/35463970

Does anyone know what my be the problem? Capacitors going out?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Bump for any help.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have you tried a different mobo in there to rule out a possible fault with that rather than the monitor?

Does the problem appear only during a boot or do you see the same while playing a game?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have you degaussed your monitor and checked that items like speakers, transformers, isolators and other components are not near the VGA/Monitor cable?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, the wavy lines do continue to appear after the boot screen. It's not that noticeable during gameplay, but during the intermission/static screens you do see them.

I have degaussed the monitor but it didn't have an effect. The Naomi 2 mobo/ GD Rom setup has been tested in a Blast City and I had no issues when it was running in the blast city.

NaokiS- I will check about the speakers, transformers, isolators and other components, but basically the layout seems to be the standard/stock Naomi 2 Initial D set-up. (This is a single sit down version)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

DId you check if the ground is connected to the metal parts + chassis of the monitor ?

Do you hear a sound like ' PISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' on the chassis ( flyback arcing ) ?

Be sure the place is Dry and not wet , coz if it's wet ,We all know that's not a good thing for a monitor...