Odd Error 01 Issues

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Odd Error 01 Issues

Post by OldFoo »

Hello all, this is my first post here after lurking the past few weeks..

I recently bought a Naomi universal cabinet with Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I then purchased three games from other sources, Powerstone 2, Virtua Tennis, and Capcom vs. SNK. All of the games other than Marvel vs. Capcom 2 give me an Error 01 every time. The guy who sold me the cabinet was nice enough to let me test the games out on his system, and they all worked first try. We thought it might be a BIOS issue, as I had a US "D" BIOS, I received a new G BIOS today and am having the same issues. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 works, the other games do not, with Error 01 every time. I know the other games work as I've tested them in a different system. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I appreciate any thoughts you might have.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Are you sure you firmly inserted the cartridges (i think you don't use gd-rom device?)? error 01 means the cart can't be read, it's not a bios error.

If you want to be sure they're inserted correctly, then use the 4 screwholes on each border of the cart to be sure it's making a good contact.

If you are using gd-rom and a dimm board, then the same goes for the DIMM board, make sure it is correctly inserted and making good contact.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the reply. Correct, I'm using cartridges. They're as firmly inserted as they can possibly be. I tried screwing them down with the same result. I've reseated each of them many times and have never gotten anything but Error 01. I can put in MVC2 directly afterward and it works fine on the first attempt.