INitial D Card Reader: Draw Card Error !! Please Help!!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

INitial D Card Reader: Draw Card Error !! Please Help!!

Post by OldFoo »

I worked on this for 6 hours last night and I just can't get it to work. When the machine cuts on I get a Card R/W Error when the game boots up, and when I go into the game option and initialize the Card Reader it gives me the message; "Error, Draw Card Error" I checked all the basic stuff, All the wires are running to the proper location (Except for maybe the grounds) . I Have RXD running to TXD and the same with RST to CST. I also made sure the serial jumper was to the right on the filter board inside the Naomi too. The only thing I haven't check was to make sure the grounds are running to the right plug (GND to CN8 of the N2 board is running to the respected CN on the Card R/W) although I'm not sure if that would matter and most likely they are. Also am hooking this up to the slave machine not the master but again I don't think that should matter (Arrow pointing in the wrong Direction, machine are not linked). Also checked the voltage to make sure the Card R/W is getting +12 +5 volts which it is. Also Notice the RXD, TXD, CST, and RST have 8v running through them but I guess this is normal. Anyway any help would be great I would love to get this to work and not spend my weekend banging my head into the concrete....

Thanks,

Kane
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This may sound like an obvious question but have you run the card reader test?

'Draw card error' - don't know what thiis means but maybe there's a problem with the card storage box? Maybe it's a mechanical fault with the new card pulling mech?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun2 wrote:This may sound like an obvious question but have you run the card reader test?

'Draw card error' - don't know what thiis means but maybe there's a problem with the card storage box? Maybe it's a mechanical fault with the new card pulling mech?

I ran a Card Reader test and it gave me the message "NG" beside the word Card Reader Test, and at the top it says "Draw Card Error". If I open the latch on the top were you pull out jam cards and run the initialization test it will say "Stuffed Card", and if I unplug the TXD and RXD it will say "Connection Lost". so the CardReader works somewhat I just can't figure out what "Draw Card Error" is. Really would like to get this Card Reader working, and I'm hoping the person who sold it to me didn't one over me.

Thanks,

Kane
OldFoo

Draw card error

Post by OldFoo »

I am having this same problem. I took mine apart and found a burnt fuse on the card reader pcb. The fuse is tiny and is at location ICP1 on the circuit board. It is soldered to the top of the circuit board. I dont know what caused it to blow. Im thinking a card may have got jammed. I am trying to find a replacement fuse. Ill try and keep you posted on my progress or failure. :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yea, I'm at the point were it has to be the PCB.