Opening the control panel?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Opening the control panel?

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, I have just bought VS2 (this is the first cabinet I have had) and its great fun so far.

I have the keys for it, but how do you open the control panel where the sticks and buttons are?

The key goes in and turns, but doesn't appear that it wants to open?

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just to add if anyone is kind enough to take a photo of thiers with this part open maybe I could work out the problem?

It would be great to have a photo of the part with the lock, and also the underside of the part that flips up.

Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mrpink wrote:Just to add if anyone is kind enough to take a photo of thiers with this part open maybe I could work out the problem?

It would be great to have a photo of the part with the lock, and also the underside of the part that flips up.

Thanks!
What type of cabinet is this in? Would you mind taking a picture of the cabinet?

Thanks

Collin
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi Collin,

thanks for the reply.

Can't believe I missed that bit out :smt011

Its this one:

Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Push down on the control panel as you turn the key and it should open.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No problem, that's the type I thought it was, but I didn't want to speak based on the wrong cabinet.

You need to turn the key further than you expect - it takes some pressure to make the latch push the control panel up.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks, I will give it a go tommorrow :)

Will it pop up a bit when it releases?

I had a 8 hour round trip to pick it up so I dont want to break it :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mrpink wrote:Thanks, I will give it a go tommorrow :)

Will it pop up a bit when it releases?

I had a 8 hour round trip to pick it up so I dont want to break it :smt005
Good luck! It will pop up; it is tough to do because you are basically lifting the entire a panel a bit by turning the key, so it takes some force.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just managed it!

Years of use looks to have taken its toll on the loose fitting lock, which I think is where the problem lay with it. :D

Shame someone has nabbed the coin mech out of it :smt013