Jambo! Safari JVS Pinout?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Jambo! Safari JVS Pinout?

Post by OldFoo »

I'm attempting to boot a Jambo! Safari in my Crazy Taxi sitdown. Everything works except the shifter (as expected). I cannot for the life of me find a JVS pinout for Jambo! Safari on these forums or Google. Everything is for JAMMA!

I know that Crazy Taxi uses Pin 23 for up and Pin 25 for down. What does Jambo! Safari use?

Also, I was considering wiring both simultaneously so I could drop the cartridges in and play without rewiring. Is there any danger to this? I wouldn't think so considering the Naomi should just not read inputs it doesn't know about.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You always find the info you want right after posting for help about it. I found a site claiming that the shifter on Jambo! Safari was hooked up to the Player 2 up/down on the JVS. That with a pinout of the JVS itself was the info I needed.

For future inquiries, the info is laid out here.

Crazy Taxi:

Up: 23

Down: 25

Jambo! Safari:

Up: 26

Down: 24

I found through trying that both Crazy Taxi and Jambo! Safari run fine in my cabinet with both sets of inputs connected. Therefore, it seems possible to set up to do straight swaps between the two. However, do this at your own risk in case this causes issues!

To drive the point home, a photo of the wiring on my setup: http://www.dragonminded.com/images/IMG_ ... 154529.jpg