what can I do with my naomi ?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

what can I do with my naomi ?

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, I?m from Spain, a new member here and a new user of arcade machine too. I have been looking for a arcade machine, at first I wont a jamma machine but finally I found a naomi and I bought it but really, before the buy I didn?t look information about naomi, a little but not too.

I have some option:

1-I can put a pc with mame with the naomi motherboard ( naomi 2 with virtua tennis)

2- Put jamma system with naomi

3- Only naomi

I haven?t got gd rom, dimm, i/o...

4-I?ve seen this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/110838762408?ssP ... 1438.l2649

(Sega Naomi net Dimm 4.02 with Compact Flash CF adaptor)

The seller said to me that is like a flash card for naomi and if I buy it I?ll play with all games of naomi without more items ( gdrom, i/o)

I think that I only need put the rom in the compact flash.

I am not convinced with the second point, really I?m interested in the first point ( pc with mame and naomi ) and in the fourth point, but in this case I don?t know if this option is easy and really no need any more items to play all naomi games.

anyone can confirm the fourth point ?, please, and what is a worth price for this item ? because I see net dimm in this forum cheaper than ebay but without compact flas adaptor.

Thanks
OldFoo

Re: what can I do with my naomi ?

Post by OldFoo »

racort wrote:Hi, I?m from Spain, a new member here and a new user of arcade machine too. I have been looking for a arcade machine, at first I wont a jamma machine but finally I found a naomi and I bought it but really, before the buy I didn?t look information about naomi, a little but not too.

I have some option:

1-I can put a pc with mame with the naomi motherboard ( naomi 2 with virtua tennis)

2- Put jamma system with naomi

3- Only naomi

I haven?t got gd rom, dimm, I/o...

4-I?ve seen this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/110838762408?ssP ... 1438.l2649

(Sega Naomi net Dimm 4.02 with Compact Flash CF adaptor)

The seller said to me that is like a flash card for naomi and if I buy it I?ll play with all games of naomi without more items ( gdrom, I/o)

I think that I only need put the rom in the compact flash.

I am not convinced with the second point, really I?m interested in the first point ( pc with mame and naomi ) and in the fourth point, but in this case I don?t know if this option is easy and really no need any more items to play all naomi games.

anyone can confirm the fourth point ?, please, and what is a worth price for this item ? because I see net dimm in this forum cheaper than ebay but without compact flas adaptor.

Thanks

Considering that adaptor can be used for piracy I don't think anyone wil,ll want to talk about it. The first optiion is a god idea though
OldFoo

Re: what can I do with my naomi ?

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:

Considering that adaptor can be used for piracy I don't think anyone wil,ll want to talk about it. The first optiion is a god idea though

Sorry, I?m lost and I have been looking for with the search but I haven?t found the information which I need, I couldn?t think that is for this reason.

I thought that I can ask all about naomi, if this is not allowed I?ll delete it, I?ll ask in others sites to know the real possibilities before to do anything, sorry for the disturb.

Please, delete the quote.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

racort

Aqu? la mayor?a de los contribuyentes usan y coleccionan los aparatos originales.

Son expertos en estos sistemas y muchos odian la pirater?a.

Personalmente yo solo quiero lo que es original de Sega.

No me gusta la emulaci?n o contribuir a la pirater?a.

Tambi?n tengo preguntas sobre los temas de Net Boot, y CF pero en mi caso solamente con juegos cual tengo legalmente para evitar que se desgaste mi sistema GDROM.

Disculpe los errores, Hablo ingles, espa?ol (del caribe /norte Am?rica), italiano y alem?n.

Cuando se habla tantos idiomas, a veces salen mal?