Question on IO (sega, capcom, etc)

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Question on IO (sega, capcom, etc)

Post by OldFoo »

I am about to replace the cps2 in a cab with a naomi setup. The cab is wired for cps2, but since I plan on using my capcom io, I don't need to rewire anything. (Is that correct??!) My main question is would I be able to play most games with the capcom io? I plan on swapping out game boards when I get bored of a game. Do any games have specific IO requirements?(outside of driving and gun games)? I am hoping to be able to play these games:

powerstone

marvel vs capcom 2

virtua nba

cannon spike

dynamite deka ex

Would they all work with capcom? Any issues if it's been wired for 2 players/6 buttons each? thanks.
OldFoo

Re: Question on IO (sega, capcom, etc)

Post by OldFoo »

I think you are good to go, just make sure you have the power cable to go from the Naomi MB to the Capcom IO. All Naomi carts will work, no problem.

mltv wrote:I am about to replace the cps2 in a cab with a naomi setup. The cab is wired for cps2, but since I plan on using my capcom io, I don't need to rewire anything. (Is that correct??!) My main question is would I be able to play most games with the capcom io? I plan on swapping out game boards when I get bored of a game. Do any games have specific IO requirements?(outside of driving and gun games)? I am hoping to be able to play these games:

powerstone

marvel vs capcom 2

virtua nba

cannon spike

dynamite deka ex

Would they all work with capcom? Any issues if it's been wired for 2 players/6 buttons each? thanks.