what is the wattage in the naomi audio amps ..??

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

what is the wattage in the naomi audio amps ..??

Post by OldFoo »

hi ...

i have two Naomi amps : one amp in stereo (frontals) ,and one with only one output for woofer..

i need know the wattage (IN OUTPUT/RMS )for each amp .

thanks for your prompt helps.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello! About the actual RMS output I guess that would not be too hard to figure out on a test bench. Depending on if you just need a ballpark figure or you want an exact number. As far as the stereo amp, ones like the 838-13616 were bundled with 4 ohm 10 watt speakers. The actual output will vary with what speakers you use (ohms etc.) and also the bandwith. I don't own the sub amp so I couldn't meter that one but again if you want a general number, these are not discrete amps, you can google the output IC number on the heat sink to pull up the manufactures specs. I will eventually rate the amp myself as I am curious. Will probably drive a 1K sine wave into a 4ohm load both channels driven and watch the scope for distortion, bring it under and then sweep the frequency to see how it does. That output voltage under load just under distortion is what is used to figure the RMS. If you don't have a scope but have very good ears for distortion you can always get a clean sine wave signal, feed it in, raise the volume until you can hear clipping bring it back down to just under and read the output on your meter in AC volts, use that for the calculation.