MvsC II Video problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

MvsC II Video problem

Post by OldFoo »

Gentlemen, I have a marvel vs capcom II game. I received the cabinet and Naomi system from different sources, and almost have all of the kinks worked out of the merger. However, I cannot get my video to function properly.

When I turn it on, the screen is scrolling vertically (but it is clearly the game demo playing and the sound if perfect).

I have explored the entire range of the pods on the monitor. Although I can temporarily stop the scrolling, the top of image is dragged left and the bottom is dragged right.

I know the rule of dip switch 1, and mine is correct (15). I did switch it to high just to see what would happen, and the picture becomes crystal clear, but is split into the dual image phenomena, so I switched it back.

Something else that is strange about it is, as I said, I can stop the scrolling with the pod (although still dragged), but only during certain cut scenes through the game intro sequence. And each time the demo goes to a new scene, my stable (yet dragged) screen begins scrolling again. Is this maybe a board problem internally?

I am using a K7000 that I use all of the time as my test screen, and never have any problems with it. I have even hooked up one of my jamma test boards to the harness, used the pods to get it crystal clear, then shut it all down and switched the harness back to the Naomi's converter. The scrolling was there in full force. Please grant me your wisdom because, as you can tell, I am struggling.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Are you running the video through an I/O like the capcom I/O? If so, have you tried the sync selection for composite or H/V sync? see http://www.solvalou.com/arcade_naomicapcom.php

otherwise I have no idea but others may be able to help further.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the quick advice. I am running a capcom I/O, and the c sync/H/V sync switch is on the right, as I believe it should be. I have also tried various vga cables to no avail.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Okay, just in case anyone is having this problem in the future, the issue was the wiring going from the jamma harness to the monitor chassis. Whoever wired the connector did the wires wrong, specifically the sync. I just redid the connector and the picture is beautiful.