Dreamcast steeringwheel on a SEGA NAOMI?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Dreamcast steeringwheel on a SEGA NAOMI?

Post by OldFoo »

hey guys, i have a problem.. good start for a post, isn?t it? :D

anyway i bought a sega naomi 2 with the gd-rom drive and initial-d and everything is working fine. my only problem is, that i have a universal cabinet, with a 2 player controlpanel (2 joysticks and 6 buttons per player).

so i hacked one of my dreamcast steeringwheels and connected it to the jvs I/O board. well it worked for virtua tennis, but it didn?t worked for initial-d sadly :( i guess initial-d needs either some special pins on that I/O board or i need another I/O board for this game, right? :smt009

only thing i could do was press start and change the view when the race started, that?s it... maybe one of you guys know a solution for this. if you have some kind of pinouts for this jvs board or some kind of solution, that would be great, so please let me know cause i?m kind of a noob/beginner when it comes down to arcade hardware^^
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Are you using the analogue harness to hack or the digital?driving controls use analogue.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pinouts are kindly supplied here courtesy of Andy.

There's a digital and analogue harness, start etc will be on the digital harness, steering,brakes will be on the analogue harness.

http://triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/the ... ockid=1718
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well i opened up the steering wheel and extended all the wires wich came from the steering part, gas, brake etc. over all there are 12 wires. i took those, put some original sega pins on the end of every cable and put them into an original sega male connector. then i just plugged in that 12 pin male connector into the female connector wich sits in that metalplate. :)

so i guess that these pins are all used for digital input only right? under that two 12 pin connectors for player one and player two i have two other connectors wich have 8 pins. i already checked those wires and saw that the wires from those 12 pin connectors are connected to the 60 pin connector on the jvs board. those wires wich come from the 8 pin connectors are going into the 26 pin connector on te jvs board. so i guess that i have to split my cables to one 12 pin connector and one 8 pin connector, so i can use gas brakes and steering over the 8 pin and start, view change etc over the 12 pin connector right? :smt017 well i should mention that there is also one single 15 pin connector left and those wires are also running into the 60pin connector on the jvs board :D so there are a ton of wires and i need to figure out wich one goes where, but as far is i understood i have to use one 12pin and one 8 pin connector :) please correct me if i am wrong^^