Guilty Gear X and Capcom I/O board

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Guilty Gear X and Capcom I/O board

Post by OldFoo »

I have read in places that you need the Japanese version of the Capcom I/O board in order for it to work with Guilty Gear X.

Is this true? How do I tell which version of the I/O board I have?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AFAIK the bios on the motherboard determines compatibility. See list here: http://www.sega-naomi.com/bios.htm

Guilty Gear X will play with a US or Japanese Bios according to the site's bios list.

The Capcom I/O doesn't affect game compatibility. Guilty Gear X runs fine on my setup, which is a US motherboard and Capcom I/O.

If anyone knows any different, please chime in.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

loegan43 wrote:AFAIK the bios on the motherboard determines compatibility. See list here: http://www.sega-naomi.com/bios.htm

Guilty Gear X will play with a US or Japanese Bios according to the site's bios list.

The Capcom I/O doesn't affect game compatibility. Guilty Gear X runs fine on my setup, which is a US motherboard and Capcom I/O.

If anyone knows any different, please chime in.

Great, then I will buy it from you! :-) Did you get my PM on KLOV?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Can't check KLOV while I'm at work due to internet filter. :( I'll double check my setup when I get home and PM you.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

loegan43 wrote:Can't check KLOV while I'm at work due to internet filter. :( I'll double check my setup when I get home and PM you.

OK Great!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Unfortunately, I guess you do need the japanese version Capcom I/O to run Guilty Gear X. I get an error message on start up. :(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Is the japanese version the one all in japanese, or is there another way to tell? I have an english (writing) capcom IO and guilty gear X (ran in both american and japanese bios). I get error 1's once in a while on start up, but nothing a little securing can't fix. Also ran in a Euro bios with jvs IO without error.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Is there any more info on this. My GGX runs fine on my setup. Don't know what my Capcom i/o board is (Has English Writing) but have tested the game on Export and Japan BIOS with no problems.