Club Kart problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Club Kart problem

Post by OldFoo »

I have the same problem with my club kart that Hitech had - here's what he said - 'cause it defines the situation perfectly

"The game in attract mode works perfectly. When the board is credited the game starts and all the selections also work perfectly. Just before the race starts the countdown counts perfectly and as soon as countdown 3 appears the cart now faces the driver and everything is reversed. The graphics and details are also perfect. The only problem is that the car is moving towards me. If I turn the steering right the car moves left. After the time is up everything goes back to normal."

At first this situation would occur once in a while. Now it happens all the time. Some other posts say that its an "Easter Egg". I thought that it was probably done by the programmers to test certain functions or capabilites. I guess that is the same as an "Easter Egg". Anyway, you cannot race in this mode.

Two ideas were presented - a stuck button and another one was something to do with the pedals. I have not been able to find the answer to this dilemma.

While I have been in the test mode numerous times and did not find problems with switches, i will go back and check these settings again.

I look forward to hearing from anyone as to what might be causing this. in the meantime, if I find out what is causing this problem I will definetly post what I did to fix the situation.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This is the error you get with net booting the 2002 version cart dump, sounds like the protection chip has broken as the game will still work, but will do exactly what you describe.