CF Solution

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

CF Solution

Post by OldFoo »

I've got a naomi setup in a Capcom "Big Blue" cab and have been looking into the CF reader setup lately as a means to make game change-outs easier. Anyone have any experience or pros and cons to share on the subject? It's a bit of an investment, but when my buddies and I really get going during a session, it quickly becomes a pain to climb inside the cabinet every time we feel like changing it up. My thought is to mount the reader inside the coin door for ease of access.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The thing is, this is not exactly a plug-and-play. You need to have the latest system bios and a .Net Dimm with the latest firmware. And you still would need to swap out the security chips for each game.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:The thing is, this is not exactly a plug-and-play. You need to have the latest system bios and a .Net Dimm with the latest firmware. And you still would need to swap out the security chips for each game.

No the unit will work on any BIOS from Rev E upwards

The dimm board must be 4.01 or 4.02 (if you used hack)

Games can all be re-encrypted to use one keychip - so you could have one master keychip, and then swap cards to change game (using 4.02).

4.02 route is illegal and shouldn't be discussed here though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It is as AndyGeezer says. That being said, my initial point still stands in that this is not a plug-and-play setup. :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:4.02 route is illegal and shouldn't be discussed here though.

Very true ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I had the same thought. I have a big blue and want to mount a CF in the coin door. I just don't think my power wires and scsi cable is long enough. Could I use a longer scsi cable? I all-ready got a 4.02 net dimm, just wanting to get the CF. Yes I have the GD roms (I can prove it) I just want to have easy access in the coin door to change games in a flash.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

neonaomi wrote:I had the same thought. I have a big blue and want to mount a CF in the coin door. I just don't think my power wires and scsi cable is long enough. Could I use a longer scsi cable? I all-ready got a 4.02 net dimm, just wanting to get the CF. Yes I have the GD roms (I can prove it) I just want to have easy access in the coin door to change games in a flash.

No longer cables will issue an error 24..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well that is a bummer. I have not looked in the back of the big blue in a while, but I don't think there is any way to get a CF mounted inside the coin door since the cables will be to short. I would consider just net booting, but there is no computer access at the location of the cab. Time to do some thinking...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

get one of the game extentder routers from xbox1.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Trying to look up more info on that, care to elaborate. Are you talking about a wireless adapter for the x box and use that to hold the roms? Kinda confused a bit.