NAOMI UNI + JVS > JAMMA + JAMMA PCB - adding buttons 5 &a

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

NAOMI UNI + JVS > JAMMA + JAMMA PCB - adding buttons 5 &a

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

I have Naomi Uni Cab with 6 buttons and Extra Loom for buttons 4-6

I bought this Namco original JVS > Jamma adapter (http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_JVS ... MA_Adaptor)

And also a JAMMA PCB which has 4 buttons working from the board directly and buttons 5 and 6 have to be wired somewhere (probably to the Namco convertor pinout according to the Wiki) - photo (http://www.animecon.sk/cab/56button.jpg)

Any hints how to solve this?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

buttons 5 and 6 do need to be wired to the kick harness. It is the white connector just below the JAMMA connector in that picture. Pinout is correct from top to bottom as pictured, or you can consult the PDF linked on that page as well.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'll try to be more exact, because you told me things I already knew.

Of course I want to connect the wires to the white PIN OUT 10 thing bellow the jamma harness cables. But I need the female part of the PIN OUT 10, where I put those wires in.

I don't know where to get that female part

BTW the manual below is of no use in this case.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That makes more sense. I did not gather that from your original post.

It looks like you could probably find a pretty generic molex connector that would work. Do you have a local electronics store?

Personally, while many people would think I'm crazy, I'd just solder to the pins or more preferably the under-side of the PCB if I couldn't find the female connector anywhere.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, molex is the word. I didn't know how it is called. I will have a look in the local electronics store. If they don't have it, I can order it from internet.

The direct soldering is what I don't want, because I want to exchange some PCBs :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, got all the pieces I needed, and problem is solved. Buttons 5 & 6 are working ^_^