need quick help on idnetifying a connector

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

can some with a non jamma i/o show me how their system is connected up via power.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

can someone help me figure out this?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

so in this i can just power the one of the two naomi filter board power ports and we are good?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

does the jamma power power the naomi? if not can i just use atx to power the remaining power port and it will power the i/o?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

In the picture above, the capcom I/O is powered from JAMMA, and then the connector going from the I/O to the NAOMI powers the NAOMI. This is only OK for cart setups, not for DIMM / GD ROM.

If you disconnect that cable (the one between the capcom IO and the NAOMI), you can power the NAOMI from your ATX power supply. Yes, you only technically need to power the 8 pin connector, not the 6 pin, but if you're going to run a DIMM board or GD ROM you should probably power them both.

You could power the capcom I/O just from JAMMA, and use a separate PSU for the NAOMI. Or, you could power both the NAOMI and capcom I/O from your ATX supply. You would not want the power cord that goes between the two in that case.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the capcom i/o connector doesnt exist anymore. so should we make a smallpower only jamma cable?