Sega I/O analog connector

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega I/O analog connector

Post by OldFoo »

New Naomi owner here with some questions. I've got a Blast City without the 001 loom. It just has a JAMMA loom so I've added RCA plugs and JVS power connectors.

My cab:

http://home.comcast.net/~dark.paladin/blast

I've got a Sega JAMMA I/O and was wondering if the analog connector works. I've been reading posts and most of them say you need the JVS I/O for analog devices. I do have one, and understand that you can daisy chain I/O boards but I want a cleaner solution.

What I'd like to do is make a mounting plate for the ZR analog stick I have to be able to swap it into my control panel P2 position. I'd then like to plug the stick into the Sega I/O and be able to play Monkey Ball.

Does this sound viable? Could I wire the 4 position analog joystick connector to a 26 pin analog connector and plug it into the Sega JAMMA I/O?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Really no help from me but I do not recommend playing Monkey Ball with the Zombie revenge stick. Some levels were totally unplayable. The Monkeyball banana is higher and more sturdy controlling. I guess it has to do with the levering/gearing/whatever. Really don't know the difference hardware-wise than this. Maybe someone else has similar/different opinions?

Problem solved with the banana however = "impossible" to find...