A couple of Lindbergh questions.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

A couple of Lindbergh questions.

Post by OldFoo »

1. Havent heard a more noisy unit ever. What happens if I remove the lid and disconnect the bloody fan? I mean, it only blows out air and with the lid off it should be the same? Can only think it will be more dust attractive but leave the above to you.

2. Measured the watt consumption and the average was 180w with a 196w top for a millisec. Do I really need any more than a 250w atx? Read somewhere that I need more but my numbers shows different. Did this while playing lets go island.

Thanks
OldFoo

Re: A couple of Lindbergh questions.

Post by OldFoo »

dimmuborgir wrote:1. Havent heard a more noisy unit ever. What happens if I remove the lid and disconnect the bloody fan? I mean, it only blows out air and with the lid off it should be the same? Can only think it will be more dust attractive but leave the above to you.

2. Measured the watt consumption and the average was 180w with a 196w top for a millisec. Do I really need any more than a 250w atx? Read somewhere that I need more but my numbers shows different. Did this while playing lets go island.

Thanks

Yes, the Japanese PSU are high quality, so while they are low watt in peak terms, there current watt rate is really good and reliable, a cheap 400W ATX PSU is going to be no better, just use a decent quality ATX PSU as the 7800GS can consume 170W