install a naomi motherboard + GD rom?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

install a naomi motherboard + GD rom?

Post by OldFoo »

first off, Hi im new to the website and the whole arcade tech, I recently picked up 4 old arcade machines that both seem to be working. I wanna know is it possible to swap the motherboard from one of my current arcade machines with a naomi motherboard and a GD rom will this work? i really wanna play melty blood on an arcade machines it would be just awesome :) thanks in advance for reading this and replying to my question
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I know that feeling friend, I'm working on slowly converting an old sports game into a Guilty Gear or Melty Blood. As for swapping just the Motherboard with a Naomi, if it's a Jamma and you have a Capcom IO it's really easy. Just connect harness to new IO, connect sound/usb/power cords, and you should be set. For the other IO's though you have to power the main board directly (see http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1265 for suggestions) In either case you are also going to need to power the GD rom. There's a power splitter cable that will let you do it really easy, but if you want to get fancy you could make your own harness.

(If anyone else has anything else to add, or corrections feel free to chime in. I've only converted two games so far and both of those I used the Capcom IO so it was easy, and didn't have a GD rom either)