No Picture On Naomi/Sanwa 29E31S

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

No Picture On Naomi/Sanwa 29E31S

Post by OldFoo »

Hi there :smt006 , new to the forums and to Naomi setup and have a issue with no picture on Sanwa 29E31S. I purchased a Naomi Universal with Pro Evo Arcade installed on PYSON motherboard. It all worked fine for about 2 weeks but had a small focus issue. Downloaded the Sanwa Service manual and located the focus adjuster , went to power the system on to adjust and BAM no picture, even before touching a thing. Tested with PC monitor all sweet everything works, I trolled various forums and it pointed (to me anyway) to the main chassis board so I purchased a used but working one. Did further research on how to install and replace said chassis board, swapped it out ,but the monitor still gives the same blank picture as before (!!?!) so maybe not the chassis board at fault!? Has anyone any ideas or pointers ? My goal (excuse the pun) is to get this cab back to a full Naomi setup again but need a darned picture first !! Ahhhhhhhh :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Check the remote board for the monitor controls is still connected and not loose, should be inside the control panel.

I believe the sanwa monitors show a blank screen if this item is faulty, missing or disconnected.

Worth a shot, could have worked loose while moving the cab.

I take it this was the pro evo cab from eBay ? I'd be interested to see some pics of the internals.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi setch thanks for the reply.

I also tried booting with the Sanwa remote board that came with the chassis but to no avail - I will check the (on)board one when I get home tonight make sure all is seated correctly.

What internal shots would you like , the main Pyson cage etc. Let me know and I will post for you ?

Thanks again !

:D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Internal shot as requested:-

Edit: image removed as it didn't seem to be doing what it should !?!

Still no joy with any picture at all. Plenty of sound and picture on external monitor but obviously this circumvents the (two) chassis boards I have so cannot pinpoint where the fault lies - HO HUM !! :smt017

[img][img=http://img159.imagevenue.com/loc582/th_929553566_IMAG0375_122_582lo.jpg]

[img][img=http://img127.imagevenue.com/loc111/th_929501266_IMAG0374_122_111lo.jpg]