31khz signal over JAMMA?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

31khz signal over JAMMA?

Post by OldFoo »

Guys

Can anyone confirm, either way, if the Naomi is able to transmit its 31khz video signal over the Capcom i/o jamma edge? I'm thinking about the RGBS out of the jamma edge vs. the RGBHV out of the VGA. RGBS is "easier" for me to deal with in the context of my upsampler.

Thanks,

Jim
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the capcom IO isn't going to change the 31khz to 15khz or anything... it's just going to be a matter of whether or not there's a composite sync signal when the naomi is in 31kzh mode, and/or if the sync signal gets passed through. It's my understanding the capcom I/O is just going to pass through the signals it's provided to the JAMMA pins, it's not going to "change" anything unless I'm seriously misinformed.

Why are you upscaling? the 31khz signal should be compatible straight to any VGA display. Normally you only need to upscale 15khz signals to use them on non-arcade monitors.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

skate323k137 wrote:the capcom IO isn't going to change the 31khz to 15khz or anything... it's just going to be a matter of whether or not there's a composite sync signal when the naomi is in 31kzh mode, and/or if the sync signal gets passed through. It's my understanding the capcom I/O is just going to pass through the signals it's provided to the JAMMA pins, it's not going to "change" anything unless I'm seriously misinformed.

Why are you upscaling? the 31khz signal should be compatible straight to any VGA display. Normally you only need to upscale 15khz signals to use them on non-arcade monitors.

Hmmm...I'm going to need to give this a shot when my new upscaler comes in.

I'm using my Naomi on a 50" plasma tv and will be using a XRGB-Mini Framemeister to upsample the Naomi output as well as add scanlines.

-Jim