LED (red) indications in Lindbergh cpu

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

LED (red) indications in Lindbergh cpu

Post by OldFoo »

Can some one explain 2 LED near DIP switch (red) indication in Lindbergh CPU , Is it help for troubleshooting?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Not really - the programs can control the LEDs, but the onboard speaker is for fault finding, but it's limited in the same respect like a PC.

beeps for memory/video errors, but it's not very good.

Lot of Lindberghs lately that have come in have had one stick of randomly faulty DDR ram - so watch out for that - as it won't beep, and won't output video (or it will boot randomly).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have a hummer dlx which is showing error 10 in several intervals,both red led is on the lindbergh
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

kerala1977 wrote:I have a hummer dlx which is showing error 10 in several intervals,both red led is on the lindbergh

Error 10 is because the game is crashing - this is normally the video card which causes this from my experience.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I changed 2 slots ram,power supply,graphic card 7800 gs,still the game crashing @error 10.I afraid anything wrong with HDD,can you guide me about HDD replacement?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Change out the graphics card as geezer suggested
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

kerala1977 wrote:I changed 2 slots ram,power supply,graphic card 7800 gs,still the game crashing @error 10.I afraid anything wrong with HDD,can you guide me about HDD replacement?

doubt it will be the HDD, as normally corrupt ones will not do anything, as the iso image is AES encrypted, so if that gets corrupt it won't mount, also on the sega boot, it verfies the image, as Sega MD5 hashblock every 4MB.

Error 10 is generally video card related, but could be worth making sure the CPU isn't over heating, clean it the heat sink grills of dust, make sure the CPU fan is spinning good.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

solved the issue,It is loose contact in AGP slot.Exactly the fault belongs to graphics card related as andygeezer said.Now no more error 10.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well done