JVS I/O bad ? Or something else?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

JVS I/O bad ? Or something else?

Post by OldFoo »

I have a quick question.

So I plugged in a control panel to my Naomi Uni last night (baseball panel, but wired incorrectly by the dude I bought it from ).

Now my analog inputs are going wacko in test mode. When I go to the test mode page it goes crazy. On the analog section, the numbers go crazy.This is when I plug in my 2 player 6 button control panel. It also thinks that player 2 is player 1 now. There are no analog inputs on the two player CP. It's basically a fighter setup in that regard.

Is it just my JVS/IO that's bad, or did I short it out? Or is this a bigger problem? Can I reset the JVS I/O somehow? I have an extra JVS I/O laying around in my room, but I'm a noob at this, so I don't know how to replace it.

Please help!

Thanks.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Does this still happen in service mode when the panel is disconnected?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, it does still happen. I tried this last night and it was still doing the same thing.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

To answer your question, there is no 'reset' for the I/O. There is the possibility that there is something wrong with it. The best way to tell is to swap it into a system that is know to be working, or change the 'wacky' I/O with another.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks, Joshua. I'm going to replace it with another JVS I/O when it gets here. I picked one up from someone on here. I thought I had an extra one, but it was Sega JAMMA I/O.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So I switched out the I/O in the cabinet and I am still having the same problem. I really have no clue what's going on with the analog inputs now.

I wonder if the harness is bad ? Has that ever happened to anyone ?