Did I kill my Net DIMM?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Did I kill my Net DIMM?

Post by OldFoo »

I was messing around with a 512mb Net Dimm. It was working fine, but I was just being curious and wanted to see what jumpers JP4-6 did on the network card. Normally, JP4=1+2, JP5=1+2 and JP6=2+3. After discovering this yields nothing but "Unknown Errors" on Chihiro, I set them back only to discover I still get "Unknown Error" on Chihiro and "Gateway Not Found" on Naomi.

I can't imagine this being to where you could kill a board by setting jumpers wrong. It still gets power, it still checks out 100% OK on media board test, it still pings. I just can't understand whats going on. Teaches me a lesson though!

Any ideas? :smt009
OldFoo

FIXED!

Post by OldFoo »

Fixed the problem. I took of jumpers JP4 JP5 and JP6 and let the card sit without them for awhile to see if i could cause it to clear out memory or something. Turned out it worked, after about 20 minutes I put them back on, turned on the unit, got the waiting for network message on boot screen. Went into test mode, all network settings were reset to default. Got it running and booting games again. Whew! Close call, don't play with your jumpers kids!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

cool glad it worked