Strange GD Rom issue....

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Strange GD Rom issue....

Post by OldFoo »

So, I have a Naomi 2 GD Rom system that's been running great for the past 6 months. A few weeks ago I was playing Melty Blood with a buddy of mine and all of a sudden it reboots and on the splash screen I get an Error 1: Game is not acceptable by main board. So I shut it down and turn it on again, same thing happens. I'm thinking maybe it's the dimm board so I clean all the contacts, reseat it and nothing. I buy another dimm board and nothing. I start to think it's something with the motherboard so I buy another one; nope, same shit. Well, it has to be the GD Drive then so guess what? I buy another one and still the same bloody thing. I tried changing the eprom, switching different combinations of all the hardware at my disposal now and nothing works. The power supply works; I can hear the disk spinning in the drive. Both motherboards work just fine because they play cart games no problem. I checked all the wiring and everything looks fine. I don't get it. I mean why would it just crap out all of a sudden during use when it worked just fine for so long. I have two sets of cables that connect the dimm to the Gd Drive, so it's not that because i've tried them both. It can't be the wiring because the m/b works with the cart games. Why can't I get rid of the error? WTF?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

security pic?

did you do a selftest?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well, I tried about a dozen different games and they all get the same error message so it can't be the security chip.

What do you mean by selftest?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hit the test-button on the naomi and let it test the hardware.

it may be a bad dimm module
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You mentioned you tested the system with carts. Have you tried another GD game? If not, it could be something on the disc surface like dust, lint or even fingerprints. Make sure the disc is 100% clean.