naomi uni rebuild screen help

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

naomi uni rebuild screen help

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all just got me a minty Naomi uni first one in 6 years it was seen working and dismantled by seller.I got it back to my house and rebuilt it wired up everything works except screen but also don't hear sound marquee works Naomi mobo works .

Could this be caused by any of the many earths on these things been stuck in wrong place I'm really fretting here any way of knowing its working . :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hopefully it'll be something obvious you've maybe missed, double check everything's plugged in as it should be , monitor power, sound amp power and av cables, also your speakers.

Failing that you need to know there is power getting to your monitor, any sign of life on power up?Static or neck glow?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi thechop nice to hear from a local westmidlander I'm going to have to go through the process again.At first there was a little static on screen on boot but none anytime after if I get the chance tonight gonna plug up something to the VGA port on monitor see if anything comes on.

The thing I thought if the screen was dead there would still be sound so gonna, check all over Naomi mobo, but to honest there ain't a lot to get wrong .There were more plugins on me spectrum back in the day lol let you know me findings . :smt017