Help with FFB on Lindbergh

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Help with FFB on Lindbergh

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

I have an issue with ffb on my lindbergh, hoping someone can help.

I got the 838-14578 Convert BD Board and also the 838-14592-01 Servo Motor Drive Board

I wired it all up last night to how the race tv manual shows it, and when I load up Race TV, when its loading up and it says Initilizing Kickback, the motor starts up and spins slowly to the right and then nothing after that. When I get ingame nothing happens at all and also in test menu nothing happens. Only get some movement when its doing the Initizing Kickback. What could be the issue?

Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Seems to be initializing correctly, is it the original disc and chip for the game?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah its all original disc and chip

Im not sure if it is initilizing correctly as from what I understand the wheel should spin to the right, then spin left then back to center.

Its only spinning to the right most of the time, sometimes a tiny bit to the left but never back to center

Ive heard i may have the encoder wired incorrectly on the motor , but I connected the cables from servo board 1-10 to cables on the encoder in order how they were on connector coming out of encoder (not same connector so I joined cables together), connector was numbered 1-10 so I assumed they would be in order
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Oh I thought you meant it was recentering after turning to the right, yeah I should double check your wiring then to be sure, is it just sticking in the right position ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hmm well I made some progress.

I was changing/swapping cables all over the show on encoder untill I noticed my servo board while doing force feedback test was showing a steady red led instead of it blinking away.

I am getting force feedback ingame now, I assume ive got this correct now but im not fully sure

When it does the initilize kickback now, it turns the wheel very slightly to the left then back to center and that is all, perhaps this is correct and is working fine

Seems to be okay ingame anyway!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Boomslangnz wrote:hmm well I made some progress.

I was changing/swapping cables all over the show on encoder untill I noticed my servo board while doing force feedback test was showing a steady red led instead of it blinking away.

I am getting force feedback ingame now, I assume ive got this correct now but im not fully sure

When it does the initilize kickback now, it turns the wheel very slightly to the left then back to center and that is all, perhaps this is correct and is working fine

Seems to be okay ingame anyway!
It should spin to the right, than to the left and then go in centre....

But maybe it's not so important since you have feedback effects in your cab.

Could you please post some pictures of your cabling?

I want to do similar conversion in my outrun2 cabinet, but i don't know how to convert the cablage and if could be possible to find the new servo motor board somewhere else from Sega, because they want a really lot of moneys....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Lol well ok, but I don't really have the real connections etc, its just connectors everywhere and convert bd and servo board is cables soldered onto connections etc, ill post a pic later tonight
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

heres some photos here, its pretty rough but does the job.

http://imageshack.us/g/845/63524372.jpg/

steering itself and pedals are real easy to get going, ffb is the difficult bit.

Diagram shows how to basically wire up the servo board, the encoder was the difficult bit for me as I was connecting directly to encoder cables which dont seem to be colour coded in manuals

if you need more info etc im happy to try help with what I can
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Boomslangnz wrote:heres some photos here, its pretty rough but does the job.

http://imageshack.us/g/845/63524372.jpg/

steering itself and pedals are real easy to get going, ffb is the difficult bit.

Diagram shows how to basically wire up the servo board, the encoder was the difficult bit for me as I was connecting directly to encoder cables which dont seem to be colour coded in manuals

if you need more info etc im happy to try help with what I can
That's great thank you.

Could you also tell me where you found the motor board?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I brought from sega