Initial D version 3, new owner needs help!!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-NAOMI-2-In ... 337f7463f6

these are stated to come from a v3. I have no clue what any of those wires are and there not in the diagram?? any idea??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Got my manual today and it was wayy different than what's online. I got all my answers lol. Good to go should be up and running very shortly
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

all working, for anyone who buys a slave cabinet, the feedback and sound work off a big transformer, if you can locate one, then its plug and play, didnt have to splice any wires for it, except to power it
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Good stuff, glad you got it going.

Seems US cabs are different to euro cabs then as the twin cabs I've seen are completely independent apart from the power socket/noise filter.

Time to get playing now then!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun I tried PMing you twice but get an error.. anyways heres my last issue

figured id ask since you been helping me.

So I got the game working, theres only one more issue to tackle. The force feedback works, however every once in a while it twitches, slightly, and then whenever I finish a race, it sounds like its moving back and fourth rapidly. you can feel it if your holding the wheel however if you are not holding it, the wheel doesnt actually move left and right, so its subtle but you can definitely hear it. I have no clue what it is, it stops once the screen changes so its only about 5 seconds. and the feedback works during a race without any problem that I can tell. I know this was like this before so its not anything to do with switching cabinets. I also know I tightened a bunch of those little allen screws inside but not sure if maybe I missed something that was loose?

Also, he gave me one of those filters, EMI I think, should I use it?? not sure what it does.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

really nice post?Thanks for share?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

no problem, I figured im sure someone somewhere is gonna run into the same problem.

an update on the force feedback. I got a new volume pot for it, and it helped a lot, its a lot smoother and I have no issues with centering anymore. I still have the bad shakes at the end of a race and when going over the little red bumps in the road (myogi track). I feel the bumps like I should however if the wheel is turned a little then its rough shaking. Im still not sure what could cause this. I could get another motor but im not sure if its worth the hassle.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Did you check to see if the force feedback is not set too high in test/service mode? If it's set too high, the wheel would 'overreact' to feedback signals.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Were the gears on the pot and steering shaft well greased and free moving- they didn't bind at all? Also worth making sure the pot is centred with the steering mechanically- I know you can alter this in the test menu but worth setting up 'properly'.

Only other thing I can think of is the drive board itself (do you have a spare to try?), midi cable or power to the cab itself- does your cab have the A/C noise filter?

I had strange feedback issues with the screen output when the vga cable was too close to the drive board or psu (or at least the problem went away when I moved the cable!). The midi cable should be screened to prevent interference.

I have heard of this issue of grumbling in the steering after the game ends for a few moments but have not read of a reason or fix yet :(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i dont have a spare drive board, I do not have the noise filter installed, but I have it. Illl try that first. and there gears are free moving, no binding