Initial D version 3, new owner needs help!!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Initial D version 3, new owner needs help!!

Post by OldFoo »

I have wanted this game for about the entire time since its been out.. Well last night I got one.

Heres my issues.

It all worked great last night when linked up. I took the slave cabinet.. I couldnt take the master because he was an operator and still using it, plus the gd rom was shot.

So being it wasnt the master side, theres no power cord and about 6 connectors coming out the side of the cabinet.

Basically heres what we have

1. white 3 pin connector thats black, white and green wired.

2. Black 3 pin connector thats black, white and green wired.

3. Audio Amp cable, blue and white wire

4. Red 3 pin connector, thats blue, red and green wired.

5. & 6. are opitcal connectors.

I got the game to run by making the white 3 pin connector the power cable.

However here are my issues.. I have no force feedback and no audio at all.

I cant for the life of me figure this out. any help is appreciated.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

small update..

this twin cabinet that I separated had 2 coin doors, instead of one in the middle. so my coin door had all the menu stuff and volume control. I noticed today that coming outta my coin door, off the volume pot was a female end of the blue and white connector. I put those together, and still no sound. I do not think my sound amp is getting power. Also still no feedback, Is there a driver board?? two boards in the base of my cabinet have led lights that are not lighting up, so im thinking nothings getting power

and to top if off just got error 25..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well. good news now!!

turned it on, got error 24 this time, then smelt something burning, slightly nothing crazy.. and now all I get is a quick flash of power and then nothing, if I turn it on its just a quick surge of power where the mother board fan spins, and the leds on the boards light up quick and then nothing stays on except the monitor...

what the hell

EDITTT**

alright.. tested the MB in my other naomi cabinet and its good..

SO Heres what we got..

I need to figure out the power issues, maybe I burnt out the supply, maybe thats why there was no feedback or sound.. I need to start from square one.. I really need to understand where these went in the master cabinet. thats where I need to start..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You need to find the manual and the schematics as you can't just guess where to feed power etc.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Haven't been able to find schematics anywhere and the manual doesn't say anything other than connect all the wires between the cabinets.. Doesn't say what they are or where they go.. That's why I'm asking..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Initi ... inWire.pdf

heres the wiring.. any help is apprecaited.. I cant tell if im missing something, the bottom is the cabinet I have and the top is the master.. based off this it seems the only thing the master has and I dont is a power switch and the stuff just splices into each other.. which wouldnt make sense that half mine didnt work. I really dont know?

im missing the 120v transformer..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thestreetzking wrote:http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/Initi ... inWire.pdf

heres the wiring.. any help is apprecaited.. I cant tell if im missing something, the bottom is the cabinet I have and the top is the master.. based off this it seems the only thing the master has and I dont is a power switch and the stuff just splices into each other.. which wouldnt make sense that half mine didnt work. I really dont know?

im missing the 120v transformer..

Congrats on getting a grail cab - always a great moment :)

Photos tend to help explain things - especially in this case.

Also, where are you located?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

heres a pic of the red and black connector.. the white connector is the same as the black, same wire colors to. also the white and blue is just a two prong female connector thats labeled audio amp.

basically based off the wiring diagram, im missing a 120v transformer, I cant tell if theres anything else missing, and the colors on the diagram dont really match what I have to a t, its close though, like it shows pink and blue and my connector is pink green blue. so does the green get grounded and the pink and blue go to the transformer..

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Looks like you're in the US then as those red connectors are not used here in europe as far as I know.

If you have a slave cab you'll also be missing the A/C noise filter, power switch and power socket/fuse holder. I presume US cabs are the same.

This is the noise filter - I don't think you need it but it'll be missing from a slave cab if that helps.

Grey/pink wire is almost always power in a Sega cab.

You really need to triple check all the wiring - guessing with power wires can only end one way :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah thats missing to, that comes after the transformer. I also think one of these cables powers the card reader? im not sure lol.

I have a few people trying to locate a transformer for me so im hoping they come through, then im also praying its plug and play.