Dreamcast Controllers on UNI

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Dreamcast Controllers on UNI

Post by OldFoo »

I have a Uni, and it has the PCB in the Control panel (on the left hand side, opposite side to coin mech) and its wired into the maple connectors on the front of the Naomi mainboard, Im running Capcom vs SNK 2 GD ROM version, but yet when I plugged in a known good DC controller with offical Sega VMU it does nothing

just curious what else I need to do to get this working, as interested what this offers, as I know the VMU works for certain games, there is one option in the game Test Mode

C-PANEL USE that I cannot change, is this tied to the VMU/DC Controller ??

anyhelp would be great

thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ive also wired a controler to the maple bus im only geting 3.3 volts and i belive 5 volts is needed for the dreamcast is there something we are doing wrong?????
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ive also wired a controler to the maple bus im only geting 3.3 volts and i belive 5 volts is needed for the dreamcast is there something we are doing wrong?????
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

update on mine, still nothing on Capcom vs SNK 2 (this was booted off the original disc) but then switched out to net dimm, booted Power Stone 2, and the VMU came alive! not really sure what Im expecting if it does work, can you use a controller? or just the VMU ?

Will try CvsSNK2 on netdimm and see if same, as thought that was one of the titles that supported DC?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

nothing works i think its not geting the right volatage
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

nothing works i think its not geting the right voltage
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

nothing works i think its not geting the right voltage. tred heavy metal and cvs2
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

using a DC controller is the idea you can use the controller or just the VMU?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i wired up two dc ext cables to the headers on the filter board acording to this

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

im reading 3.3 volts i belive the controllers needs 5 volt