Help a newbie...

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Help a newbie...

Post by OldFoo »

So I recently got a MVC2 arcade and have been having a good time playing the game and learning about the hardware. However, I was wondering if anyone could tell me some other NAOMI games I could play on my cabinet without a major overhaul. I'm assuming I could just change the carts out and play those with similar button configs but I am not sure at all. I figure I could play something like Powerstone and Zombie Revenge but not crazy taxi (no wheel) or House of the Dead 2 (no gun/sensor).

Also, How does the NAOMI 2/GD ROM fit into the scheme of things? Are they upgrades, successors, etc.?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Everything you need to know should be pretty well documented.

Yes, you can drop in other NAOMI 1 carts and play them. Some newer carts may require you put in an updated BIOS chip. It's a socketed BIOS and easily replaceable. Power Stone should be plug and play in your MVC2 cab.

The NAOMI 2 is a different motherboard. It is backwards compatible with NAOMI 1 cartridges.

The GD ROM addon has a DIMM board that goes in place of the cart. The DIMM board connects to the GD-ROM via a SCSI cable. This is a more advanced setup.