Is there a repair service around here?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Is there a repair service around here?

Post by OldFoo »

I have a marvel vs capcom 2 board that stopped working. In test mode, the game comes up as marzel v capcom or something along those lines and the test of the cart runs bad down the line. I had switched it out for a power stone board and when I switched it back, it didn't work.

Is there someone around here, who's reputable, that runs a repair service for carts?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

where are you located?

as that would help with recommending someone that can repair these, if you are US then Ken Westerfield is your best bet, but might be just as cheap to find another cart than cost of repair? ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ya, I'm located in Florida, U.S. How much would it cost shop and repair on average?

Also, how much does a mvc2 cart cost?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MvC 2 is around 150 to 200 US dollars depending on the day. It used to go for 200 USD regularly but it's come down a bit in recent years.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ken is probably around 150 with all your shipping to be honest, on the up side you know that the cart will be good when you get it back, but it really is within the same price as a new cart (well used)

Fun game, I used to play it a lot in my Uni cab, but since I got Tatsunko vs Capcom, I prefer that these days