New Car

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

New Car

Post by OldFoo »

Right,

My missus had been moaning about having no air-con in her car with all the hot weather we've been having, so she want's a new car.

I want her to get something which isn't going to lose a majority of it's value on the first day (i.e. a brand new car) and something which will be fun for both of us to drive.

My budget is upto around 12K

My thinking is a Porsche Boxter, any suggestions?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Why not go with something jap? At least parts will be a hole lot cheaper, plus you can get some fairly potent jap cars now for that price that will give a boxster a run for its money.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Not sure what to get in a Jap though. Suppose the MR2, but the price of those can drop like a stone.

My reasoning for the boxter was thet if I keep it for 12 months, I'll pretty much be able to sell it for what I paid for it (as long as no-one poons it into a tree/lampost/othercar/roundabout etc...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Porsche all the way mate :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

HAWKXP wrote:Porsche all the way mate :D
i agree
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Problem with the Boxter is that it's for those who can't afford a 911, no? Good car and all that though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Its meant for handbags, but still nice.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Get a drift car!! :smt017

Seems all the guys I talk to in Aus have cars featured in Maximum Tune!!

Like Nissan Skyline, RX-7 (FD3S), Mitsubishi Evo, Toyota Supra (JZA80) and the like.

I guess living near Japan, means cheap second hand Jap cars! Lucky B's!

hehe I wil Shut up now.. Get van, so you can collect cabs, pure and simple.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Where i live you see sooooo many import cars. Heaps and heaps of R-32's and R-33's plus Silvia's and 180-SX's and yes they are really cheap and easy to get.

I didnt mean a drift car per-se, but i have got a Lexus and i am really happy with that. Some of the larger cars like the Eunos 20B Cosmo, but maybe thats getting a bit too old now, or even a nice series 7 or 8 RX-7 (yes i love rotaries :) )
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Get a drift car!! :smt017

Seems all the guys I talk to in Aus have cars featured in Maximum Tune!!

Like Nissan Skyline, RX-7 (FD3S), Mitsubishi Evo, Toyota Supra (JZA80) and the like.

I guess living near Japan, means cheap second hand Jap cars! Lucky B's!

hehe I wil Shut up now.. Get van, so you can collect cabs, pure and simple.

sounds about right, you can never knock a van, this is always a good choice, my dad always had a van when i was a lad, great for days out, shopping, moving house, locking your wife in it, a good place to go when you want five mins with a few tinnys, so yeah a van is always cool. :smt004