Anyone had a Fraudulent E-mail form the bank?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Anyone had a Fraudulent E-mail form the bank?

Post by OldFoo »

Got sent 3 e-mails from banks over the weekend I don't have accounts with, all leading to the same korean website.

I must admit I was almost fooled for a split second, but clicked the links & inputted usernames & passwords, along the lines of fuckoff & I'm not gullible you twat.

Anyway, I think the best one came from "Abbey", who started their e-mail telling me that "Abbey" was concerned by fraud e-mails & that they would never ask users to submit personal details or usernames/passwords etc...

They then finished the e-mail by saying, due to technical problems we have had to suspend everyones accounts so could you click on the link & put in your username / password combo.

I kindly went to the real Abbey website to find the address you are supposed to e-mail these phishing mails to, but couldn't find it. I phoned customer services & asked for the number / address for the fraud team at Abbey, and was told they didn't have one. I suggested they might like to get one fairly sharpish.

And they say our moneys safe with them. :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Had them, but never fell for them, golden rule is "your bank will never ask you for your full password"
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

wait until you get the Nigerian scammers e-mailing you. this website is a good read about some people that decided to turn some of the scams around http://www.419eater.com/
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

looks like it must be the time of year, had some fake shit sent to one of my accounts today, and a rather convincing fake PayPal fmail too

these clowns make me laugh so hard - I think I'm starting puberty again