TV Shows

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

TV Shows

Post by OldFoo »

In my vain attempt to knock the Spam God of his perch, :smt062 so I the Spam apprentice can reign supreme, here's another one to consider.

Why is it that genuinely funny TV shows never get any decent publicity, but really shitty ones do?

I have recently (like 2 weeks ago) been introduced to the Trailer Park Boys, a mockumentary based on a trailer park (suprisingly) in Nova Scotia

I had seen adverts for this on the Paramount Comedy Channel, but nothing else. I was so taken by this series that I have just imported all 5 available series to replace the DivX "evaluation" copies ;) I acquired.

Why is it that no mainstream channel in the UK has picked up on this? It has to be one of the funniest, well written comedys for a while. The whole plot of having 2 jailbirds & an inbred who loves cats (Bubbles - See my Avatar) spending each series trying to avoid going back to jail, while making money buying, selling & growing weed, smoking copious amounts of dope, drinking vast quantities & general dicking about.

So why is it, that we have to suffer yet more bland TV in the form of "I'm a celebrity with more money than sense, so give me more money so I can sun myself in an all-expenses paid trip to some carribean island on the premise I might "get-off" with another likeminded thick as fuck celeb" or Love Island as ITV like to call it. :smt015 :smt015 :smt015

Other shite that springs to mind, Only Fools on Horses, a group of thick as fuck celebs horseride, presumably while making a few dodgy deals. Big brother, a group of thick as fuck non-celebs :smt017 who want to be celebs do fuckall in order to become a celeb so they can appear on future series of "I'm a celebrity with more money than sense, so give me more money so I can sun myself in an all-expenses paid trip to some carribean island on the premise I might "get-off" with another likeminded thick as fuck celeb"

What do you reckon???
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Any of that BB & its many rip-offs never get watched here, imo cheap crap tv,

I think Rougue traders or House of horrors or any of that dodgy bulders caught in the act stuff is funny though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Spaced was very good.

I'm also enjoying That 70's Show: it's much better than I thought it would be.

Futurama was better than the Simpsons.

Spongebob Squarepants is good.

Most TV is crap. Stuff like Lost and all those American drama things bore the shite out of me.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

its gotta be big brother for me as it really does make my life shite :smt011 the mrs has that on all the time, she watchs it on channel 4 and then turns it over to E4 so iv got it going here for like nearly 2 hours, and then its on all through the night, you know watchin the big gays sleepin, they could bung on a good film or sumut. :smt015