Is it worth keeping this site/forum open ?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Is it worth keeping this site/forum open ?

Post by OldFoo »

Not much traffic these days so I was thing does this site really need to exist ?

After all http://forum.arcadeotaku.com is there & much more active.

Discuss & vote to decide :)
Last edited by OldFoo on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

sega-naomi forum must continue as its such a vast database of knowledge,what about a tie up with arcade otaku?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I agree with grantspain. I visit this site very regularly, and would regret it if it would disappear. A lot of info, and always fairly quick responses to posts.

I also visit arcadeotaku, but not as often as this one :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I visit everyday.

Would really miss this site
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I check the site out every day as well, great resource and helpful people here.

Would prefer to keep it, would support it being a sub-forum of arcadeotaku or something if it was too difficult expensive to keep up as is.... but I think this site has carved out a nice slice of the internet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This site got me hooked on the idea of owning a Naomi years ago, then more recently helped me realize that dream with all the info.

I visit every day to check out the games people are selling, adn naturally this would be the first place if I need any info.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Maybe you could merge with AO?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If it is a matter of $$$ I would be happy to contribute to help subsidize hosting fees :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I also visit at least once a day to view and post questions and answers. I would miss this site very much if it went down. We have a great community here and I would hate to lose it. :smt052

:smt109
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I visit the site on a very regular basis, yet rarely post anything as I use this as a database for information on the Naomi or for purchasing Naomi specific material.

Personally, I would be sad to see it go, however I appreciate the amount of time, effort and small financial implication of keeping such a site going.

Balanced against traffic, I think Grant's comment about merging with another site, whether AO or other is probably a good idea.

Losing the site would mean losing a huge wealth of knowledge.